PDA

View Full Version : Floor

Babyburr
12-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Well, my plan for building hit a big bump in the road and I've been set back for awhile, but I'm still researching stuff.

The floor in the T-Bucket is wood, correct? Is there anything you do to it to make it waterproof from the road elements? Does it ever have a problem of rotting out?

Thanks

rwd95v
12-26-2008, 02:28 PM
My Spirit 27, as I believe all of them do...has OSB sandwiched between two layers of glass. Very think fiberglass on top and thinner on the bottom. Sealed up well. All of this became very apparent when I had to cut it for the shifter. Do not see any rotting issues in the future, as long as the hole is well sealed. Not sure about other brands, but the glass quality and thickness on the Spirit cars is very good. Hope this helps.

rwd95v
12-26-2008, 02:36 PM
That should have been "thick"

Babyburr
12-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Thank you for the answer.

streetrodman
01-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I used OSB as well. But skinned the bottom side with 1/8" polished aluminum. insulation mating and carpet on the top side with cauking sealer in any cracks or seams. We all get caught in the rain at times...... most likely you will avoid it as possible. If it's gonna rain, the T-BONE stays home.

B.C.
01-08-2009, 04:37 PM
We now use a product called nidacore. It comes out of the RV industry. It's a plastic product with a honey comb design. We used to use OSB and it worked well and we have had no complaints about it.