PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft question.

tfeverfred
04-28-2007, 06:10 PM
I am building a T and I will be using a S-10 rearend. I have noticed that the Spirit T seems to also use this rearend. Do they make a driveshaft to fit it to a Chevy 350 turbo? I have sources available to make one, but I thought one made for my specific use would be more appropriate.

Lee in KC
04-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Fred, you're gonna need to have one made. Mine cost $225. I have a Spirit frame, TH350 and S-10 rearend.

Hulkamania
04-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Josh here with Spirit...We use a driveline shop out of Springfield Missouri....We just give the measurements we need and they make one and send it to us.

linersis
04-30-2007, 06:20 PM
got mine at indy rack and axle. have a th350 and a ford 8.8 in mine. i called them up with the dimensions, they made it up including both yolks, universals, and even painted it, and i got it the next day!! total cost was $180.00. they are located in indianapolis, indiana. hope this helps.

Mic-T
05-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Hey Linersis! You from Indy one of our guys is coming to the Goodguys in June up there. He is from there and now lives in the Memphis area Gary has a yellow Bucket with Mississippi Tags. He was thinking he would be sitting by himself at the show maybe you can meet up.

linersis
05-01-2007, 06:33 PM
weather pending, i should be there. went last year just to look around, but sure gonna try to make it. thanks for the input!! would like to see his bucket.

B.C.
05-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Weather is never pending in Indy. It will rain, you can count on it.

tfeverfred
05-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks, guys! i have a place here in Houston that was recomended. I just thought one made just for a bucket by bucket people would have a little more experience with the application. I'll let you know how it goes when I have it done up.

Thanks agian.

BlownT
05-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Fred, I went to Pick A Part and got a driveshaft from an old Impala that had a TH400 and I got a shaft out of a Ford pickup that had a Ford 9". Cut the front 2 feet off da Chevy shaft and da rear 2 feet of the Ford shaft. Took it to the Driveshaft Shop on Shepard just north of 610 right at the train overpass. He did this original driveshaft for $65 and that included 2 new U-joints. He also did my second shaft when I upgraded to a 1350 u-joints and front and rear yokes (BIG!!!!). The second one was about $150.

BT

B.C.
05-05-2007, 06:20 PM
I have shortened a lot of drive shafts . I would just find a shaft that had the yoke I needed to match the transmission but make sure that the end can be cut off on a lathe and put back into the shortened tube some tubes are tapered. NAPA is a good place to find a U joint you will need. They will be able to give you one based on the size. Some of the other parts stores won't to be able to help you unless you know the year, make, model, and color of the car it came off of.
Make sure when you measure that you leave room for play in the yoke as the rear end moves up and down.
It will cost you about $75 more to get a new one verses a cut used one. Just my guess.

Fat Pat
05-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Atta boy BC...as I always say...I'd rather kiss a dead moose's butt than buy something from OREALLY!!