Buckethead Bash Forums

Buckethead Bash Forums (http://bucketheadbash.com/index.php)
-   T-Bucket Tech (http://bucketheadbash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   front pan hard bar (http://bucketheadbash.com/showthread.php?t=7572)

iajjpop 05-05-2013 04:30 PM

front pan hard bar

I have a 23 ''t'', with a vega steeringbox ,and thinking I need a pan hard bar. I don't weld , was wondering where to get one at ??? It is A T.P.I. frame & body, and don't know if front end is a T.P.I. or not, it is spring behind axle. Some body partly built the car and I finished it.

3quarter32 05-05-2013 05:06 PM

Depending on your set up, the one that Spirit sells is a bolt on. No welding needed. Post a picture of your frontend.
Lee

iajjpop 05-06-2013 06:47 PM

I called Spirt they have one not chromed , o.k. by me. Hope it helps car handle better. On a rough road 50-55 mph car acts like it is fighting for control . In town it drives great, on a smooth street.Using 2 fingers to drive. Tires have 5000+ miles & are wearing even. I got pictures today will send later tonite.

iajjpop 05-06-2013 07:37 PM

For pictures of front end see'' view photo gallery'' above.

3quarter32 05-06-2013 08:53 PM

Depending on the spring shackle bolt pattern widths, the Spirit panhard should work. Maybe bar lenth may be to long or to short, but an easy fix. Without checking their site, don't know if they have a picture of it or not.
Just looked and they do show the panhard bar.

iajjpop 05-10-2013 05:41 PM

I got a panhard bar from spirit.

I called Spirit the other day & ordered a panhard bar.They told me they didn't think the shackle bolt pattern was right for for my T. P. I. chassis [ I got one that wasn't chromed, if I had to weld or cut to length] .I got by U. P.S. in a couple days. Yesterday removed from box, shackle bolt pattern was right and the lenght was right. Put on car yesterday, boy did it make A difference. When I got on the gas it would pull to the right and let up in it ,it would go to the left. That is gone now. Also out on the road it drives so much better. Front end seems so much tighter. I think the front spring was moving before .Thank you SPIRIT and 3 quarter 32 , for helping me out..

3quarter32 05-10-2013 06:11 PM

Hey, thats great. It is even better that you didn't have to modify it also. Everyone says that panhard bars make lots of difference. I will be trying mine out shortly.
Lee

shaaneson 10-07-2013 02:36 AM

Maybe bar lenth may be to long or to short, but an easy fix. Without checking their site, don't know if they have a picture of it or not. Just looked and they do show the panhard bar.

TriodeLuvr 10-07-2013 08:20 AM

Iajjpop, can you post a photo of the installed panhard rod? I found a pic of the rod itself on the Spirit site, but I can't tell what it's intended to bolt to at each end.

Jack

3quarter32 10-08-2013 06:08 AM

One end attaches to the butterfly where the bolt would go thru that holds the hairpin. The other end has a bracket that mounts to the u-bolts that holds the springs to the spring mount.
Lee

Hulkamania 10-08-2013 09:19 AM

Thanks Lee for helping out. Glad that fixed your problem iajjpop

TriodeLuvr 10-08-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3quarter32 (Post 30145)
One end attaches to the butterfly where the bolt would go thru that holds the hairpin. The other end has a bracket that mounts to the u-bolts that holds the springs to the spring mount.
Lee

Is this considered a secure way to mount the rod? I think my front end could benefit from a panhard, but I've put it off, thinking it needed to be welded to be done right. Any opinions on this?

Jack

3quarter32 10-08-2013 12:53 PM

I have over 3K miles on mine with no problems. I don't believe it takes that much stress. It simply keeps any sway out of the spring shackles. The bolt that holds it to the butterfly is a 3/8". I have put my sedan through some pretty hard turns. I don't baby anything.
Lee