Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > T-Bucket Tech
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #1
rwd95v
2nd Gear Member

Default Building the 27 Roadster (Days 1-4)

For those who are interested, I am tracking the progress of my build on my galleries.

I purchased the kit in late September and picked it up last Saturday. (11-10-07)

I can highly recommend BC and the crew at Spirit. I looked at many companies before choosing the Spirit kit. There is nothing that compares to the quality, value, and customer service level of Spirit.

B.C. and Josh worked with me on some modifications and made every effort to go the extra mile.

The car is slightly different with a two inch higher kickup in the rear, which required some additional geometry to make the body fit properly. It also has the complete chrome package with a 6 inch dropped axle instead of the 4 inch.

It is being built in the Track T style with a unique one piece cowl hood/Track T nose combo.

The style may not be for everyone...but to each his own when it comes to hot rods.

Wheels are Wheelsmith 1935 Ford replicas in custom sizes with correct trim rings and V8 center caps. Bolt pattern is dual. 4 1/2 X 5 and 4 3/4 X 5

Red powdercoat and sealed for tubeless tires. Sizes are 15 X 5.5 on the front and 16 X 8 on the rear.

Tires are 205-75-R15 on the front and 295-50-R16 on the rear.

Rearend is 8.8 Ford with discs on all four corners.

Engine is 350 Chevrolet and 700R4 trans.

Follow along if you like. Photos are in the galleries. Should anyone have questions, or need closeup photos on any build item, just let me know.
rwd95v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:32 AM   #2
rwd95v
2nd Gear Member

Default Building the 27 T Roadster

Just to clear up one thing....drilling all holes, running all lines, complete assembly and then teardown for frame paint and finishing.

Doing it all first, but it will have to come apart for final frame cleanup and paint.
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
thomas
3rd Gear Member

Very, very nice. Looking forward to new photo's. I purchased a 23T kit from Spirit and I also agree that Josh and BC are great to deal with.

thomas
thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 08:59 PM   #4
Duke
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Hey, glad to see you got started, My kit is in transit - so I am right behind ya. Glad to see you are doing pictures - guess I need to get a cheapo digital camera, I will stick with the 35MM for most things. Looking good so far, at this rate you will be done by Christmas
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
rwd95v
2nd Gear Member

Default 27 Roadster Build

Really trying to have it fired up by Christmas. I am waiting on a couple of pieces, but they will be here shortly.

I built the engine and trans about 3 weeks ago, and have the engine on the stand. Waiting on the chrome oil pan and low mount alternator bracket. Made a little error on ordering the billet pulleys for a long water pump and you cannot do that with a short water pump alternator bracket.

Wheels were ordered about 6 weeks ago, and arrived two days after I got the kit home.

So far, everything is working out way too well....something will come off the tracks...no doubt.

Gotta make a decision on tilt steering or straight roadster column.

Just having fun putting it all together.

Good luck on yours and keep me posted.

Bob
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
Duke
2nd Gear Member

I got my Low mount altinator stuff yesterday, ordered from March thru Summit - Took about 6 weeks to get it - Nice stuff worth the wait.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote