Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > General Discussion
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #31
Hankster
1st Gear Member

Yes its a total chassis. I had built one already and kind of knew my way around it to customize it for the truck! Its the 27' chassis.. I dont have any way to weld in my shop so i knew i could make all the changes that i needed to without welding, also knew how wide it was going to be when done to fit in the shop! Shop is small!! 3 - 8 by 10 out buildings bolted together and middle walls cut out!! LOL. Sorry BC maybe next time we can get the chassis from you! Well pics are in your mail box! Have a great week and i will talk to you later on! If you are in okc sometime holler at me, you are more then welcome to come by and we will get the cars out and play for awhile!!
Hank
Unread 11-20-2006, 06:07 PM   #32
Photoman
3rd Gear Member

Got the pics. Thanks! Next time I'm in OKC, I'll call. I'm always game for a bucket ride!
Photoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #33
T-Rex
1st Gear Member

Question Hey BC

Whats up with the Spirit web site? I wanted to look at some parts.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 12:04 PM   #34
B.C.
Super Moderator

Default Long story

I would tell you but I would just get more upset. It should be back up in a day or so.
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2006, 10:10 AM   #35
RPM
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post
Hey RPM,
I still plan to visit the Smokies and cruise with you as soon as the weather is better. I'm build another bucket now so maybe by Spring. Actually, I'm building two hotrods at once. I have one rolling chassis ready with a 472 Cadillac engine. I'm putting a Rod N Race Fiat Topolino body on it. They should have the body ready for pick up this week end. Gotta have something with doors and windows for bad weather. Not sure what engine I'll put on the bucket though. I have another cadillac engine so??? I put a tunnelram on my Fiat chassis engine. Worked out ok. I made adapters to put the purty Ford Racing valve covers on it. That'll make for confusion. LOL
Jackie
let me know when you are going after that body at rod n race. you might be going right past my door.

tbucket@comcast.net
865-932-7541

Toll Free 855-TBUCKET
RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #36
fivespoke
1st Gear Member

My current build is a '27 roadster. it's up to the roller stage and about ready to blow apart for the grinding and filling (elbow grease) phase. I've frenched 6 '59 caddy tail lights in the rear and am having a steel decklid rolled that's just about complete then it's off to the louver press for somewhere around 200 louvers to be punched in it. American "D" mags with big & littles and plenty of chrome. should look pretty kool.
fivespoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 11:44 PM   #37
Hankster
1st Gear Member

Hey Fivespoke. would love to see some pics of that when you get a chance. The tail lights sound Sweet~~~
Unread 12-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #38
Sir William
Bash Web Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Sir William Send a message via AIM to Sir William Send a message via Yahoo to Sir William

Well, you'll be able to upload pic galleries here very soon. I was going to install it yesterday, but was told by the mod author that a new version would be out before the weekend's up. So sit tight.

Sir William
Bash Web Geek

....I'll have a bucket one day....
Sir William is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #39
fivespoke
1st Gear Member

Hey hankster, I need to get some updated pictures but heres one from the early phase of the tail light install.[IMG][/IMG]
fivespoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #40
Hankster
1st Gear Member

Oh that is really cool. It fills the back out nice!! Keeps us posted ! Thanks for the pic!!
Unread 12-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #41
kcfatdawg
1st Gear Member

I'm building a 23 T Spirit kit. Started project Oct'05. It took about 5 months to assemble then took it all apart for final assembly. Frame,engine,trans,fuel tank are all painted and together. I have rearend in final prep so I can have rolling chassis. I'll have all finished by spring. Motor is 475 BBC with tunnel-ram,shop thinks it'll be close to 600hp. Wheelbase is longer than usual at 115in which Spirit built for me,has that old school Gasser look all stretched out,plus wheelie bars out back. I will be down for THE BASH with it.
kcfatdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 05:34 PM   #42
t-runner
1st Gear Member

I am in the process of building one myself.

It is a Model A frame with a 1923 bucket body.

I am going to power it with a small block chevy.

Hope to have it ready in time for the BASH.

more pic's and info on my website.
Unread 01-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #43
Bikertrash
1st Gear Member

Howdy from South Mississippi. I've had my '25 T-Bucket for around 2 years or so. Was supposed to have it done for Cruisin' the Coast in October of 2005, but we had a mishap named Hurricane Katrina. My shop and Bucket survived, it just slowed progress down a lot. We have since built a home (moved in June of '06), got through Christmas and now it's time to get back on the Bucket -- YEEHAW! This is my first reply to y'all's new website so bear with me please. I really like the site and am pumped about being a member and will send some pics as soon as I can figure out how. Thanks, Bikertrash (real name is Jimmy Johnson)
Bikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #44
B.C.
Super Moderator

Default Welcome aboard bikertrash

Look forward to seeing your bucket. If you have any problems posting we will be glad to help you threw the process just ask Sir William.
Unread 02-15-2007, 04:06 AM   #45
Track-T
2nd Gear Member

Default My 3 year build

Been working on this about 3 years now,I need to stop building custom parts for it
and just put it together once and for all.
If you've been on the NTBA site awhile you've seen most of my pics, just finished
the tail light and lic. plate frenching.
Track-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2007, 04:47 AM   #46
Cruisin
1st Gear Member

Cool If you look far enough to the west, just past the horizon.......

G'day,
just found this site last nite.
I am building a '60's style LWB '23 T with a twist.
Planned ride height will be about 5" ground clearance, "long and low"
Grille shell to be sectioned, body lengthened 8"and widened 2", carson top etc. etc.
Proposed mill, 283 chev with glide and 8"
There are numerous things I have yet to do but all good things take time!
Here is a link to our Hot Rod site here in NZ where thoughts and opinions etc. are posted about T Buckets on the Tech. thread.

http://www.nz-hotrod.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=255
Also a very early stages mock-up which has in fact changed already!

I will drop in from time to time when the opportunity prevails.
I look forward to seeing, learning and sharing the gradual progression of this forum and the various rides members create and update.
'til the next time, all the best.
Cheers,
Cruisin'
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #47
B.C.
Super Moderator

Default Cruisin

Cruisin It looks like your almost there. I bet you have already sat in your bucket and dreamed of being on the open road. We all have. I would be great if you kept us updated with pic's in the gallery. Welcome aboard B.C.
Unread 03-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #48
PAR-T
1st Gear Member

Default projects

youngest girl(tom boy) has decided she want a monster T.
dad's got a lot of work ahead for this one, but hey parking won't be a problem
PAR-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #49
23 teaser
1st Gear Member

Default building a 23 kit for a year and a half

i started out with a speedway kit and like it alot. it as a small blk 350 with 2x4 tunnel ram a classic. im in the process of buying a body from olddog street rod parts with the pass side door, color is ppg viberant oh so sexy red candy the paint starts off with a gold metalix base then a red peal color base the clear. in the dark it looks like maroon in the light it look like a real bright red with a gold pearl shining through. thats a little about my 23 t. nice to meet you all
23 teaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #50
RPM
2nd Gear Member

I got mine almost finished, how is everyone else coming along.

tbucket@comcast.net
865-932-7541

Toll Free 855-TBUCKET
RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 03:07 AM   #51
thomas
3rd Gear Member

Hello Gentlemen,

My name is Thomas and I just purchased a Spirit 23 T 6-25-07. I'm already looking out the window waiting for the truck. I'm 64 going on 16. I'm just trading one toy for another, sold my Ranger bass boat to purchase a T-Bucket. Hope to be going to one of those Buckethead Bash's in the next couple of years.

thomas
thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 07:41 AM   #52
Mic-T
2nd Gear Member

Default Hey Thomas Welcome

I started with a Spirit stage 3 kit myself. took about 22 months to first drive it.Your going to love it Mine went together just fine most of my problems were self inflicked. You Don't have to have your car ready to attend the Bash it will give you alot of good and bad ideas. LOL Welcome to the world of the buckethead.
Mic-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #53
B.C.
Super Moderator

Default Welcome Thomas

The thing about the world of the Buckethead is that it is easer to get in than it is to get out. The funny thing is the Bucket will become secondary to the friendships that you can develop. There are a lot of great people in this hobby and we created this site not only to help you build the the bucket of your dreams but also introduce you to people who may become friends for a life time. It's all about family so if I mite add just a little to what Mic-T said. Welcome to the world of the Buckethead family.
Unread 06-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #54
peterallis
1st Gear Member

Default my 27t

well, I picked up my 27t from BOB at spirit about a month ago, got it home , started test fitting parts, with all my buddies coming by to look. It was looking to be a great ride. The next day, the wifey decides to call it quits and now the house is for sale. I moved my 27 to my dads shop in Vernon, Texas ,and now he gets to work on it while I live and work in the drudgery of Dallas Tx...life rolls on...
peterallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:02 AM   #55
thomas
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfatdawg View Post
I'm building a 23 T Spirit kit. Started project Oct'05. It took about 5 months to assemble then took it all apart for final assembly. Frame,engine,trans,fuel tank are all painted and together. I have rearend in final prep so I can have rolling chassis. I'll have all finished by spring. Motor is 475 BBC with tunnel-ram,shop thinks it'll be close to 600hp. Wheelbase is longer than usual at 115in which Spirit built for me,has that old school Gasser look all stretched out,plus wheelie bars out back. I will be down for THE BASH with it.
I checked out your photo gallerie and love those tires and wheels. May I ask what wheels and tires do you have?

thomas
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:04 AM   #56
thomas
3rd Gear Member

Mic-T and BC

I already feel like I know some of these guys. Hope to meet many of them first hand some day soon.

thomas
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #57
B.C.
Super Moderator

Default ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterallis View Post
well, I picked up my 27t from BOB at spirit about a month ago, got it home , started test fitting parts, with all my buddies coming by to look. It was looking to be a great ride. The next day, the wifey decides to call it quits and now the house is for sale. I moved my 27 to my dads shop in Vernon, Texas ,and now he gets to work on it while I live and work in the drudgery of Dallas Tx...life rolls on...
Our thoughts and prayers have been with you. I just seen this post but Josh told me about it a while ago.