Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > T-Bucket Tech
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
lena1221
2nd Gear Member

Default offset rearend

hello everyone
setting up my 8.8 ford rearend for shock brackets and find out its offset. 20 inchs one side 17 the other. what do i do ? want to use the rearend as is no cutting down etc. if any help it from a 99 explorer 2wd 3.73 gears
paul
lena1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
lena1221
2nd Gear Member

sorry its going in 23 t extended frame 327/ 400 combo. can not find any info on this. every article etc. just tells you how to cut it down . i would like to use it as is . if there is no way i will have it cut down
paul
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Paul
If I understand you right the pinion yoke should be centered. Measure from the center line on the yoke to the axle flanges they should be the same. If so yes you can use it as is, but the only thing is that the hogs head will not be centered. When viewed from the back you may see a little ofset in the hogs head. What I did when I set up mine I scribed a center line down the pinion yoke crossed the hogs head and took all my measurments from this point.That way I kept the pinion centered. you want to also do the same with the output shaft(tail shaft) on the tranny too.If the tranny is installed measure from the inside frame rails to see if the output shaft is centered.Its very important to get the pinion yoke and tail shaft as stright as possible (when viewed from the overhead) dont confused this with pinion angle you will get to that later.
Sorry I didnt mean to right a book.I get carred away sometimes.
frank

Last edited by INDIAN OUTLAW; 03-16-2014 at 09:18 AM..
INDIAN OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
lena1221
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the reply, right a book the more info the better. just trying to figure this all out
paul
Unread 03-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Yep been their, done that!!
just yell if you need help.
One thing I need to tell you dont fully weld any brackets on just some good tacks for now.You may have to tweek them later on.
have fun
frank
INDIAN OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote