Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > A+ Tech
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
3quarter32
4th Gear Member

Default Seats

For the 28/29 A bodies, I found the Dodge Dakota bucket seats to be a good fit. The mounts can be shorted up to lower the seat height. I just cut the factory mounts off and made my own.
I tryed some out of a Toyleta, Toyota, Camry and they are about 2 inches to wide per seat. The Dakota seats are 19 inches wide at the widest seating part.
My local salvage had lots of them, and get 75 bucks for the pair. The set I got are good enought that I don't have to get them recovered right away. I will post some pictures later.
Lee
Unread 10-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
3quarter32
4th Gear Member

Here are the Dakota seats. I have about 5 inches of head room sitting in the seats as positioned in the pictures. The top of my heard is even with the top of the seat back. I will move them forward maybe an inch, and recline the driver seat about a couple of degrees. Also will lower the mounts 1 inch. This delivery body is chopped and channeled 3 inches on the frame. The last picture is shot thru the back door window.
Won't post any more progress for a couple of weeks as leaving for Ireland Thursday. Hope to see some hot rods over there.
Lee

Unread 10-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
B.C.
Super Moderator

Those look like they work well are you going to remake the tracks? P.S realy enjoyed the visit the other day.
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
3quarter32
4th Gear Member

Hey BC, I think the tracks will work just fine. I plan on making a common mount to join the 2 seats together fore and aft. That will support the front left drivers seat mount and the front right pass seat mount, where the may overhang the floor slightly. Other that that, they should work easily. When I take them to the upholstery shop, I will see if he can remove about 4 inches from the back height, just to make them look a bit more fitting.
Was good visiting with you also Bob. To bad we didn't have more time. If you have any questions about the trailers, just let me know. I know I have asked you and Josh plenty.
Lee
Unread 10-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
B.C.
Super Moderator

I do have a few questions and I'll be calling. You did a great job bringing the trailers to market I just hope we can do them justice. My son built a web site using your pictures. link
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote