Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > T-Bucket Tech
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Default Rear pan hard bar

Gentlemen hope everyone is in good health!
I have the rear end set up complete except for the pan hard bar. I have an idea how to get around using the typical pan hard bar but dont know if it will work.I am using hair pin radius rods with four bar ends insted of clevis. My idea is to use two inner four bar links one on each side of the hogs head and triangulated back to the inside of the frame to control side movement. My concern is with binding. any ideas would help. Going with a true four bar rear end is out of the question. I realy like the looks of the hair pins. A watts link may be option but dont know how effective the are?
thanx
frank
INDIAN OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
3quarter32
4th Gear Member

Sorry, just read your post. Don't know how I missed it before. Can you use regular spherical rod ends on the panhard? No binding with them. Just make sure it is level when weight it on the rearend, for best results.
Lee
Unread 12-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Lee
I dont have room for the pan hard bar unless I use a smaller gas tank. That is why I want to find a way around using a typical pan hard bar.I have a fuel cell that fits great but no room for pan hard bar.May be able to mount the tank in the bed but the battery will be in the bed. (fuel and possible sparks dont give me that warm fuzzy feeling) I know that a lot of people do it.
frank
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
3quarter32
4th Gear Member

Frank, if you can post a picture or two of your set up. I didn't want to say your "rear end"...Are you building a T bucket pickup, with a short bed on back? Sorry don't remember. I know that if you are, most of that will be exposed, so you don't want UGLY showing. If a bar is stout enough, it could have a curve or bend in it to get from point a to point b. They really don't have much stress on them as you would think, and don't get a "heavy shock/load effect. It is fairly the same all the time.
Lee
Unread 12-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
smokey
2nd Gear Member

Default watts link

A watts link is a very effective way to control side to side movement of the rear end, a triangulated set up is also very good if done right.
smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Thanx Lee and Smokey!!
Lee I am building a t-bucket with a 20" bed.I think I will have to mock up the rear end using the hair pin radius rods and triangulated inner bars and see how much if any binding I get and then go from their. Lee I agree I need to get something to take pictures with!!
frank