Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > General Discussion
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
benT
1st Gear Member

Default New Member!

Ok, I post occasionly at the other board as BTG. I'm currently finishing my '27 roadster project. I built a gallery on this site with a few pics. More at: http://www.prokoteindy.com/prokote2_022.htm

Oh, I did have a Spirit 23 track kit, but traded it off before it was done to build this 27 (spirit wasn't selling them then). Hope to have it finished and cruising the shows and runs next summer (although I said that the last two years!).

Ben Griffin
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
B.C.
Super Moderator

Default Glad to have ya

There is a lot of great boards out there to post on and a lot of very good bucket builders. We just hope that this forum will be a place that the builders find value in. Personally I have special feelings for Spirit Buckets for obvious reasons. But I really love the hobby, the buckets, and the people. Without prejudice. So again Gald to have ya. and hope to see your new build in Mountain Home some day.
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
benT
1st Gear Member

B.C.: My decision to go from the 23 to the 27 had nothing to do with the quality of your Spirit Kit. I was pleased with it when I bought it and drove from Indy to your old place in Mt Home to get it. It had more to do with doing 4 legs of the PowerTour in my dad's '27 and realizing that I really wanted the little bit of extra space that it afforded (my dad and I are both 6' 250 lbs). I was going to keep the '23 and build it later, but my financial situation required that it move to a new home. From what I have heard the new owner is happy with it and has it put together. My 27 does use the 6" drop axle, front hairpins, spindles, brake adapters, etc from the Spirit Stage 3 kit. I haven't seen the spirit 27 body yet, but I'm sure its nice.

I would like to make it back down to Mt Home for one of the bash's. I really liked the area when I went to get the body, and Dad and I have been talking about a cruise like that with both of our '27's and anyone else who wants to tag along!
Unread 06-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
Track-T
2nd Gear Member

Great ride, Right style and color, Building the same but with a track nose.
how far are you from Orlando?
Track-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
benT
1st Gear Member

I guess Cape Coral is about 3-4 hours away. Unfortunately my '27 is still in Indy at my Dad's shop. It'll be there until I finish it.