Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > General Discussion
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Default were is OLD ROUND FART??

Hope all is well with him.
I have p.m. him but no reply. Has anyone herd from him this week ?
INDIAN OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
3quarter32
4th Gear Member

Not seen a word from him. Maybe he is wrapped up in his project and don't have time to get online. Ya, I hope he is ok also.
Lee
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

I hope thats the case!!! Sure would hate for something to happen to him. He seems like a fine fellow and he makes me laugh.
Lee, I have been messin around with trying to post pictures here and have not figgured it out yet. you
got any tips?
Unread 05-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
3quarter32
4th Gear Member

Sign up with image shack. It is free up to use up to a pretty large limit. You will need to keep you picture sizes small. I keep mine at about 60kb for image shack. Once you upload them, go to my images, click on the little "i" icon next to the picture you want to show. A box will come up with a bunch of writing on it. Copy all of that, then paste to your post on the forum. Pretty easy once you do it a couple of times.
Lee
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3quarter32 View Post
Sign up with image shack. It is free up to use up to a pretty large limit. You will need to keep you picture sizes small. I keep mine at about 60kb for image shack. Once you upload them, go to my images, click on the little "i" icon next to the picture you want to show. A box will come up with a bunch of writing on it. Copy all of that, then paste to your post on the forum. Pretty easy once you do it a couple of times.
Lee
thanx Lee
dont sound to bad. I may be able to handle that without screwing it up to much.
Lee I posted a drawing of my frame in picture gallery, its a little ruff but i think you will be able to see what i am doing. I am dead in the water untill I get the body.I hope that will be in july then the fun begins!!

Last edited by INDIAN OUTLAW; 05-04-2013 at 06:26 PM..
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
3quarter32
4th Gear Member

Looks good. Didn't you say you were a welder? I think you really don't need the doublers in the Zs. Spirit uses 3/16" wall and their frames will handle huffed big blocks just fine. I know,,better safe than sorry. Are you going to put tubes thru the frame where the holes are? I like the looks of the holes for sure.
Lee
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3quarter32 View Post
Looks good. Didn't you say you were a welder? I think you really don't need the doublers in the Zs. Spirit uses 3/16" wall and their frames will handle huffed big blocks just fine. I know,,better safe than sorry. Are you going to put tubes thru the frame where the holes are? I like the looks of the holes for sure.
Lee
yes Lee I installed dom tubing in the holes and ground them flush also rolled the edges. ya I am with you on the doublers I didnt feel they were needed but they do give me that warm fuzzy feeling and I feel that its better to error on the side of caution. yes I have been a welder by trade for 35 years. I have seen x-ray quality welds fail after years of in service stress and I dont want that to happen to my great grand son when I am gone and he is cruzin around in my t.
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

I'M HERE GUYS!!! Sorry to worry you guys, but I have gotten involved with another project! My friend that does my welding until I get off my butt and buy my own has found a '48 Anglia Gasser and I have been playing with it. Plus I found a guy that I sold the patterns for "Sneaky" Pete Robinson's blower drives to 35 years ago and I have bought them back and Tod and I are going to start remaking them for Nostalgia racers and street guys that want a really cool looking blower drive. I posted some progress on my car tonight. John
old round fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

Frank! Just checked your frame plans. Are you using 1/4 wall tubing? That seems a little overkill to me. Most of the T's I've seen use 1/8" tube and the over kill guys use 3/16. That is what I'm going to use because I like the pretty radius on the corners, plus you can drill and tap holes for wire and brake line clips.
old round fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:17 AM   #10
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old round fart View Post
Frank! Just checked your frame plans. Are you using 1/4 wall tubing? That seems a little overkill to me. Most of the T's I've seen use 1/8" tube and the over kill guys use 3/16. That is what I'm going to use because I like the pretty radius on the corners, plus you can drill and tap holes for wire and brake line clips.
no I used 3/16" tube becuse I was concerned about main rail strength with all the holes.
also the wall thickness is nominial it does very a little. And yes its more than likely over kill

Last edited by INDIAN OUTLAW; 05-05-2013 at 04:23 AM..