Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > General Discussion
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
iceman320
1st Gear Member

Default what body and frame

Hi guys I'm just getting into the whole hot rod thing and would like to build me a t bucket. But I wanted to know what body and frame you guys are using or if most of you guys are building your frames? Anyway thanks for the help and advice guys.
iceman320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

I build my frames. Spitit can supply yours if you are unable to do it yourself. Getting into this activity for the first time, that is a good way to go and will be more likely to put you behind the wheel in a timely manner. Welcome to the club and enjoy the journey!
old round fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
iceman320
1st Gear Member

Old round fart, thanks for the help I think that I could build my own frame also if I had the blue print of the frame and of where all the brackets have to be welded to it at. Do you know I could find all those measurements at?
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

How much fab work have you done? Have you looked at several buckets to know what you like/dislike?
I start by putting the front and rear axles, engine and body together (with wheels or at least cardboard circles the right diameter) until it looks good to my eye. Then I figure out what I need to do to connect everything. I am doing a thread on this site (stretched body build) that is going very slowly, but I think it will pick up soon so check that out for ideas. Look at all the build threads you can and figure it out or ask somebody. Bucketheads love to pass along wisdom. John
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
iceman320
1st Gear Member

Ok thanks for the help. I will look at some more threads and check out how much the steel will cost to build the frame also cause these little roadsters look like a blast to build and drive.
Unread 06-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #6
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

You will not believe it! Think about how much faster your car is with only you in it. Then think about the same motor and half the weight. My first car could out accelerate most motorcycles! Yes, they are unreal to drive! Think seriously about a Spirit kit. You can put one together in 6 or 8 months. They offer a real good assembly manual you can get to help with a car you design also. Where are you located? They have moved the Bash to Sept. but if you can get there B.C. will give you a tour and you will be impressed. John
Unread 06-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #7
B.C.
Super Moderator

Here is a link I just put on our face book page. It looks like these guys had a great time building this Spirit bucket and if you go to there web site there are a lot more pictures and videos. link
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Welcome Iceman!
I to am building my own frame from scratch. Its not that difficult if you have average welding and fabricating skills. You will also need a good set of plans. I started by down loading the "Youngsters t-bucket frame plans"and modified them to suit.I strongley suggest that you get a body,engine,trans,and rearend before you build the frame.(radiator,grill shell wheels and tires will help to!) it will make life so mush easier. Building your first T from scratch is a big undertaking! Being your first build you may want to consider a kit? Looking back at it,I think a kit is the way I would have gone for my first build if I wasnt so darn hard headed!!
frank

Last edited by INDIAN OUTLAW; 06-03-2013 at 04:26 PM..
INDIAN OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #9
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

Thin wallet and wide butt had a lot to do with my decision. Starting to wish I had let Spirit do mine anyway! At 68 I don't get around like I did 30 years ago. I need to rest a lot between build sessions! LOL