Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > General Discussion
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
B.C.
Super Moderator

Default Have you ever had a problem titling your kit?

Spirit has been through the fire when it comes to turning your pile of parts into a "motor vehicle" because after spending thousands of dollars who wants yard art you can't drive on the highways. When Spirit started making t-buckets we were like a lot of other guys. We had a mig and a torch and could build a frame. We had a bucket mold and some rollers and could build a body. But we also had the foresight and fortitude to pursue being recognized as a manufacture of assembled vehicle's at the federal level and received our world manufacture identifier number. That was back in the days (18 years ago) when things were simpler and the government could create a budget instead of just regulate. and strangulate. We then spent much effort in our State to work out the details of what that would mean in terms of creating a state title. First by working with SEMA to help pass legislation so ALL streetrodders could title there cars in Arkansas. Things were working fine until we ran into a small snag. A car manufacture can not sell direct to the public in AR they need to go through a dealer and can not own the dealership. After lots of phone calls and personal visits with both our regulators and our legislator's I can say government works in Arkansas. Spirit has always been with you and your build all the way through the titling process but for the last year or so we have been able to offer an Arkansas state title with our kits once you have finish your build and are ready to put it on the road. We do all the paper work and let you focus on the fun stuff because after all "It's about the Experence" and at Spirit we want to make it a positive one.
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
sstock
3rd Gear Member

I titled my T through Spirit, made changing the title over to my home state a snap without a state inspection because Spirit is able to use their own 17 digit VIN. My state recognized them as a vehicle manufacturer--just like chevy or ford. I didn't have to show reciepts because the title from Arkansas had the value of the T on it. It was a painless process for me. I live in WA state, we do have the SEMA bill, if anyone was wondering.

For a person wondering about titling after their build, it really took the guess work out of it all. I'm not aware of any other T manufacturers that offer this service.
Steve
Gallery4
Tbucketnut
sstock is offline   Reply With Quote