Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > General Discussion
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Default Hi new to site

Hello all ! I am new to this site. I am looking for a new garage to hang out in. I have been over to the teers. site for a year or so but things are gettin nuts over there! so if there are no objections i would like to park over here for a while and check out your site?
INDIAN OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
3quarter32
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Post pics of your ride, as we would all like to see them. Kinda slow here, but as with any specialty forum, just depends on what guys have going.
What is teers? Gotta link to it?
Lee
Unread 04-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the site! Do you have a car now? Like Lee said, WE LIKE PIX! John
old round fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Thank you. teers is (tbucketeers.com)
I have a 23 t under construction.The frame is almost complete (mocked up) blocked tacked only.waiting for funds to order the body. going to use a 23xl t from spirit. I like the extended body with two working doors.have engine,trans,and rear end.(351-c,fmx trans and 9" rear) all completely rebuilt. Not sure if the fmx will work may be to long, sure enuff to heavy! I will post pics when I get a camera.

Last edited by INDIAN OUTLAW; 04-14-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
Mikes27T
3rd Gear Member

Welcome! Sounds like a great build! I like that your going to use a Ford drivetrain. I'm building Spirits 27T and am using a 351w with a C4. You might want to use a C4 with your 351c instead of that FMX. The C4 is light and much shorter than the FMX.
Mikes27T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
B.C.
Super Moderator

Welcome were glad to have you.
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #7
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

Good choice on the body. I'm building the stretch body with extended doors. I'm almost ready to cut the drivers door out. I'm waiting to get the hinges installed.
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

mike
I have a c-4 trans but it will not bolt up to my cleveland I think that I may be able to swap out bell housings if necessary.I cant remember if the c-4 has interchangable bell houseing I will have to check it out. I would like to use the fmx, it was built for this motor(dyno out at 625hp/535 ft pounds tq.) but you are right c-4 would probulary be a better choice. I to think it will be to long.I have always been a die hard ford man and always will be!! and I love my Clevelands!!
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

thanx B.C. !!
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

old round fart
I need all the room I can get,its hard to get this fat body into a hugo!!
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Mikes27T
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN OUTLAW View Post
mike
I have a c-4 trans but it will not bolt up to my cleveland I think that I may be able to swap out bell housings if necessary.I cant remember if the c-4 has interchangable bell houseing I will have to check it out. I would like to use the fmx, it was built for this motor(dyno out at 625hp/535 ft pounds tq.) but you are right c-4 would probulary be a better choice. I to think it will be to long.I have always been a die hard ford man and always will be!! and I love my Clevelands!!
Yep the C-4 has an interchangable bell housing. The 351w and the 351c both have the same bolt pattern. They both take the small bell housing and a 157 tooth flexplate and 10.5 converter. Your C-4 must have the large bell housing for big blocks. Also check to see where your trans dipstick tube enters the trans. If the tube enters the case you have a C-4 Case fill trans from a Ford car. If your dipstick tube enters the Trans Pan then you have a C-4 out of a Ford truck.

I also like the 351c's. I have a 351c 2V out of a mustang that I'm going to use on the next build. Those are some awesome Hp and tq numbers you got there!!! My 351w is pretty mild but should put out some good power. You don't need much with these lite T Buckets.
Mikes27T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes27T View Post
Yep the C-4 has an interchangable bell housing. The 351w and the 351c both have the same bolt pattern. They both take the small bell housing and a 157 tooth flexplate and 10.5 converter. Your C-4 must have the large bell housing for big blocks. Also check to see where your trans dipstick tube enters the trans. If the tube enters the case you have a C-4 Case fill trans from a Ford car. If your dipstick tube enters the Trans Pan then you have a C-4 out of a Ford truck.

I also like the 351c's. I have a 351c 2V out of a mustang that I'm going to use on the next build. Those are some awesome Hp and tq numbers you got there!!! My 351w is pretty mild but should put out some good power. You don't need much with these lite T Buckets.
mike
thanx for the info! the c-4 came out of a truck thats about all I know about it.thats the beauty about the 351-c you dont have to do much to them to make them run. as the motor sits now it has 4v quenched heads I have a set of 2v open chamber that i think will be a better street head, may help with low end tq too. the 351-w is a good platform, lots of performace parts priced good. building a cleveland will eat up tons of money.parts are
scarce and costly. but man when you get them right they stroke!!
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #13
goufos
2nd Gear Member

welcome indain outlaw- these guys are great and real helpful-------------gofuos
goufos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
sstock
3rd Gear Member

Welcome from the rainy PNW.
Great bunch of people here. Spirit is a really good company if you need parts for the T too.
Gallery4
Tbucketnut
sstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #15
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

We gotta figure how to get Indianoutlaws distributor to the back of the motor! LOL
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #16
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old round fart View Post
We gotta figure how to get Indianoutlaws distributor to the back of the motor! LOL
LOL That will never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When i pass away there will be a blue oval on my head stone!!
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstock View Post
Great bunch of people here. Spirit is a really good company if you need parts for the T too.
Thanx for posting the pics. It will take me some time to review them my puter is slower than,well its slow I will leave it at that.
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goufos View Post
welcome indain outlaw- these guys are great and real helpful-------------gofuos
thanx Gofuos
real friendly too!!
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstock View Post
Thats what I am talking about!! Thats one slick ride. love that color blue! Realy enjoyed the pics. thanx
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
sstock
3rd Gear Member

Thank you.
The color is Subaru World Ralley Blue.
My son fell in love with it and ordered that on his STI.
Then I thought it would be nice on my T in base coat clearcoat, shot in the garage of all places.
Gallery4
Tbucketnut
sstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN OUTLAW View Post
Thanx for posting the pics. It will take me some time to review them my puter is slower than,well its slow I will leave it at that.
Got a computer with a BLUE OVAL?? LOL

Just kidding! I won 5 regional SCCA championships with Boss 302's in the '70's. Best we did was 5th. in the runoffs. John
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #22
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Got a computer with a BLUE OVAL?? LOL

Just kidding! I won 5 regional SCCA championships with Boss 302's in the '70's. Best we did was 5th. in the runoffs. John
John
That was LOW!!! LOL
I just KNEW I was leaving myself wide open!
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #23
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

Yes, the opening was just to big to pass up! Gotta expect fun jabs every now and then! John
Unread 04-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #24
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Yes, the opening was just to big to pass up! Gotta expect fun jabs every now and then! John
John
Thats right!! I am still laughing about the distributor thing!! All joking aside I am in need of your opinion or anyone else for that matter. I should maybe post this in another fourm,I am not sure about this sites rules. I know some sites get picky about what and were you post things. But here goes as you know I intend to buy sprint 23xlt body, but I am a little concerned about the seats being in a fixed position. I am 5'8" 240 lbs. and like to drive with the wheel close to me if you know that I mean? (I call it being up on the wheel) but I dont want my leggs all cramped up. My concern is that I will be to far from the wheel and no way to adjust the seats. I guess a tilt column the proper lenght I should be able to get what I am looking for? I have never built one of these things and I sure dont want to lay out all that money for something that I will not be happy with. I may be concerned about nothing any input that you have will be appreciated!!!
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #25
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

Well, now that you ask! I am about 5'7" but I weigh 3hundred and PLENTY! I started with the body figuring if I can make it fit me I can build the rest of the car. I started a build thread on this site called "stretched body build". I am about to make another post when I can get my pictures uploaded. I have gotten to the point of needing to buy a welder to get the hinges together to finish cutting the door.
I think you will find it hard to get into the car with the steering close to your body. I want my arms extended, so my job will be a little easier. I think I saw a steering column that slid to the center of the car for entry ease. It was for race cars and I think it was from Chet Herbert speed shop.
Unread 04-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #26
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Mike
Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing a swing away column and a telescoping one too.
hum....off to surf the net . Thanks for the tip.
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #27
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Mike
I just got off the horn with Ididit and they can build me a custom column to do any thing I need!!
no worries about the seating issues. So I am back on course.I kinda dead in the water untill I get the body.I dont want to finish welding the frame untill I set the body on it and mock up motor and trans position! and see if the main frame rails will be long enuff.(looks like I will have to shorten them a few inches) all dependes on how much rail the body takes up.The main rails are 97" and I figgure I will need them at around 93"
I checked out your build today and it looks like you are well on your way. looking good!
Hey by the way I saw a pic of your t-bucket(wild) shes different for sure. Looks like a cross between a t-bucket and a top fuel dragster. realy need concept!! You planning any thing wild for your new build?
Unread 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #28
old round fart
2nd Gear Member

When I built that car (1972) I was a donk for "Sneaky" Pete Robinson on his FORD SOHC front engine Top Fuel car, so I wanted that flavor. In those days I had never seen a T bucket so I only could go with what was in the Hot Rod or Rod & Custom. My new car will not be so far out. I'm going with a little different frame design, but it will be so mild most people won't notice right away I've done anything different. John
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #29
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
When I built that car (1972) I was a donk for "Sneaky" Pete Robinson on his FORD SOHC front engine Top Fuel car, so I wanted that flavor. In those days I had never seen a T bucket so I only could go with what was in the Hot Rod or Rod & Custom. My new car will not be so far out. I'm going with a little different frame design, but it will be so mild most people won't notice right away I've done anything different. John
look forward to seeing it.