Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > T-Bucket Tech
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
terrymetal
1st Gear Member

Default Slowly back to work on my 23 T

Its been awhile since I was here last...After two major surgeries and rehab to my back I am slowly starting to gather some parts for my bucket project...I bought a 97 Mustang that has a 3.8 Liter V6 in it with a AODE Transmission in it for really cheap and runs pretty good...It seems to be a good car to use as a donor for my T-bucket......I had to sell the 350 Chevy engine and Powerglide trans I was going to originally use because of finances and all I have is misc brackets left...Has anyone used a 3.8 V6 combination like this?? I like having fuel injection since its reliable...I know it will take alot of work but the plus side is I have a running car with rear disc brakes and only paid 500 for the entire car....I need a new frame since I sold my last frame but my question is would I have to fabricate my own motor mounts?? I have no clue if Ford used the same type of mounts for the 6 cylinder cars and the 8 cylinder ones?? Any thoughts?? I am on a very strict budget and I am hoping I can come up with something to make this work...Any info is much appreciated! Thanks Terry!!

Last edited by terrymetal; 11-04-2014 at 12:28 PM..
terrymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
Galaxie500
1st Gear Member

Hey Terry, glad your back. The best thing I can tell is to call Spirit. They can help and the advise is free. They know about budgets and what is cost effective to help as you build. Iven
Galaxie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
terrymetal
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the reply....I will give them a call once I get my frame built...
terrymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
INDIAN OUTLAW
2nd Gear Member

Terry
I think your best bet would be to get your frame done and then mock up the motor with the stock mounts a see what you have. I realy dont think it will be that big of a deal even if you have to fab up some mounts or use ford mount kit.
One thing to add just food for thought is the legnth of the 3.8 may be a little shorter than the small block v-8 so I would only block tack the front cross member untill i mocked up the drive train and radiator.you may want to shorten the main rails a few inches.
Frank
INDIAN OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote