Buckethead Bash Forums  

Go Back   Buckethead Bash Forums > Bucket Stuff > T-Bucket Tech
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Bukketboy
1st Gear Member

Default "23 T" Bodies

Hi gang; First time on the forum & am hoping for some helpful info. I'm venturing into my first "T-bucket project" and am shopping for a '23 body (glass). Was looking seriously at body from Old Dog Street Rods (for the extra room inside), but after ordering a grill shell from them I'm having second thoughts. The grill shell looks like it was trimmed with a hatchet after it was removed from the mold. (A little rough, to say the least.) I'm a little afraid of what the body might look like. Anyone out there have any experience with "Old Dog" or any other bodies that can give any advice? I'm trying to stay with a source close enough that I can pick it up myself. Thanks
Bukketboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Duke
2nd Gear Member

As for shipping, I would find the best body I could find, even if it was more exspensive, and I would pay shipping if need be. The extra time and money up front will save you much more money and time later, and make the whole job much more enjoyable. I have a Spirit body and it is a very good body, but there are others on the market that are good. Shipping isn't as bad as you might think.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #3
tfeverfred
2nd Gear Member

I was lucky to get an old second hand CCR body and it is plenty strong. So strong that CCR doesn't need to wood them for upholstery. I have heard nothing but good things from Spirit owners. I got what I got because it was a favor from a friend. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
tfeverfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
Duke
2nd Gear Member

Your right, CCR does have a good body. I saw a body once, don't know where it came from, a friend got it in an estate sale. That body was so thin we had to carry it on a pallet, it would flex if not. Never seen another like it, and that is probaly way - to thin. That friend used it to store his trash cans , looks kinda cool.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
Friona High School
1st Gear Member

Default '23 t bodies

Bucketboy,

I don't have much experience with different bodies.I have worked with two.The best body might be the one where you can get the most help and Spirit has been very helpful for us for sure.Just pickup the phone and usually somebody is there to help with any questions you have.I am totally satisfied the quality of the Spirit body.
Friona High School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
smokey
2nd Gear Member

Default best bodie

I dont yet have a tbucket but the guys I know who have experience tell me spirit is the best.Thats the way I am going when I get ready hopefully in the next four months. Smokey
smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
bucket nut
1st Gear Member

Default bucket nut

I would recommend CCR body they also make a body that is 6 inches longer if you nned the room. I have a Spirit body, I chose to add 4 extra layers of glass to make it stronger and oak ribbing for strength and rigidity. Looking bake I wish I had soent a little more money because of all the extra time I spent. You should always consider how much time you can spend verses your money. I had more time in my case, but still wish I spent a little more money and spent more time with family you can't get that kind of time back.
bucket nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #8
B.C.
Super Moderator

Default Thanks for your input

Jon it was nice talking to you and it sounds like you have a cool heavy duty bucket. I'm sure sorry you had to strengthen the body. I may have to apologize to the guys tomorrow though cuz I didn't know you got it in 2000 and I kinda got on the current crew about it. We have come a long way since 2000. Again I enjoyed talking to you and I do hope you can make the Bash some day.
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:39 AM   #9
Duke
2nd Gear Member

Talking

I got a Spirit about 4 months ago, it is solid, and heavy. I am a happy camper

Last edited by Duke; 03-14-2008 at 11:10 AM..
Old 03-14-2008, 09:44 AM   #10
B.C.
Super Moderator

Default It's a new day

Duke now if your pulse generator just fit you would be a really happy camper. I have put several in and have not had the problem your having so I don't know the fix off hand. I have Josh calling dolphin to try and get an answer. He should be getting back to you soon.
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #11
Duke
2nd Gear Member

Talking

Thanks B.C. It is the little clitch's that make it all fun, besides I been around long enough to know, sometimes your are the windshield, sometimes your the bug ! I had the same problem building my 38 chevy, finally put the collar in the precision vise and used a precision hacksaw and milled off about 1/4" , cleaned up with a calibrated file and it works great.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:05 AM   #12
SSMOJO
1st Gear Member

Default Bucket Body

I would call Bob and Josh @ Spirit for you body ! I have had several including Total Performance and Spirit and Spirit hands down builds the finest body on the market as well as excellent customer service !
SS
SSMOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #13
RPM
2nd Gear Member

Spirit is second to none for customer service and quality. I have never heard anyone have anything negative to say about any part they got from Spirit!!

tbucket@comcast.net
865-932-7541

Toll Free 855-TBUCKET
RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #14
terrymetal
1st Gear Member

I am not in a position to buy a body yet....i am still fabricating parts for the chassis. I plan on using a Spirit body.....I have heard nothing but good things about them. When i do get around to getting one, Does Spirit keep them in stock....I was just gonna drive there and pick one up....I also want a chance to see what i am buying.....Good luck on your build Bukketboy!!
terrymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
dodad
1st Gear Member

Hi Fred- It's Mikey- Just FYI, your body was built by KNS in Arizona. You can find him on the internet. Your body is much stronger and better than an old seond hand CCR body. Your Pal, Mikey
dodad is offline   Reply With Quote